Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week 7 : The "BIG" runs begin...

Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his,"and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."
- 2 Timothy 2:19


First off, I would like to thank my in-laws (the Harvisons) and my grandparents (Mimi & Papau) for donating to Team World Vision. Thank you for supporting me and helping those in need!

I was still feeling a little weary with getting right back into running after my foot injury. It was still feeling good though, so I decided I would try to "listen to my body" very carefully and if anything started to hurt, I would slow down or stop. On Tuesday, I ran 3 miles when I should have run 4. Not because anything hurt, but because I am a goof and didn't double-check the schedule before I went out. I figured, missed a mile - no big deal, it will help me heal just a little more. Ran my 7 miles on Wednesday and still felt good. Capped off my midweek runs with a fun little 4 miler and felt like I was all healed up and ready for my long run on Saturday.

Week 7 Runs:

Tue: 3 mile run
Wed: 7 mile run
Thur: 4 mile run
Saturday: 14 mile run - 2 hr 12 min. 9:23 min. per mile pace

14 miles... That's 0.9 miles further than a half marathon and 3 miles further than my longest run so far. I went for it. The first few miles went swimmingly. I hit the 7 mile halfway point and thought, "doing good - keeping a good pace and feeling all right." Then at the 13.5 mile mark, I started up the hill toward my hous and my legs said, "hey, buddy we're all used up!" I forced my way through it and made it to the top of the hill. I finished up my run and got some liquid refreshment. I think if the last half mile would not have been up hill, I would have been just fine. So I conquered 14 miles. Then I celebrated with a few Franconia oktoberfest biers and some authentic German brats & saurkraut at the local Oktoberfest celebration!



15 miles next week - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.